Your use of this website at www.belford-hospital-150.co.uk (“this website”) is governed by these terms and conditions of use. You may print and keep a copy of these terms and conditions of use.
The “Belford 150 Committee” exists solely to organise a commemorative conference in October 2015, education & training material and other resources of relevance to the various healthcare professions. You will therefore see the name “Belford 150” or “Belford Committee” or various combinations of two or more of “Belford”, “150” and “Committee” in these terms and conditions, referring to the organising committee involved with this particular commemorative conference in October 2015.
The Belford 150 Committee reserves the right to change the terms and conditions at its discretion by changing them on this webpage of this website.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Scottish law. Each party irrevocably agrees to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland over any claim or matter arising under or in connection with these terms and conditions.
- The Belford 150 Committee does not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others. Your details will be added to a specific conference database in order to process your booking, to assist with our course planning and so that you can be kept up to date with relevant details of our services.
- We ask for your telephone number so we can phone you if you haven’t turned up on the first day of the course. We ask for your address so we can process your payment and / or send you a cheque refund in the unlikely event we have to cancel any part of the conference and if we cannot process the refund any other way. We ask students for university details in case we need to verify their status (however, we are asking delegates to choose the appropriate conference fee in good faith, and we do not expect to have to do check-up). Finally, we ask for your email address as this will be our main method of contacting you, and sending booking confirmations etc.
- Under the UK Data Protection Act, you are entitled to view any data we hold about you, upon payment of the appropriate fee (subject to a maximum of £50). You are entitled to correct any errors in the data. The Belford 150 Committee is obliged by law (Credit Regulations Act) to hold all data for a minimum of 6 years.
- If you do not wish to receive any further information from us, please contact us or via surface mail:
- General Conditions
- The Belford 150 Committee reserves the right, when necessary, to alter the venue from the one specified. If this is the case we will inform you as soon as possible and provide you with information relating to travel directions, local accommodation etc. We will obviously endeavour to find a suitable venue as close as possible to the location of the original one.
- Terms and Conditions for non UK bookings
- Please be aware that terms and conditions for candidates booking from outside the UK or outside the EC may vary from these terms and conditions. Please contact us for specific information relating to your world-wide location.
The Conference and Ceilidh
- Independent Equal Access
- If you have notified us of any additional requirements due to a disability or any other reason, you will be contacted to discuss your specific residential and course requirements.
- Conduct by conference attendees
- All persons attending our conference are required to treat everyone else with respect and dignity. Disruptive or disrespectful behaviour will not be tolerated. It shall be at the sole discretion of the conference organisers (or any person deputised to act on their behalf) to require anyone failing to comply with this reasonable requirement to leave the conference and under such circumstances refunds of fees to the individuals requested to leave will not be available.
- Accuracy of information and disclaimer
- The Belford 150 Committee will use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that all information on this website, and our products is accurate. However, this website and material available on this website is provided for general information purposes only and is not intended to provide comprehensive information or guidance on the subjects covered.
- You acknowledge that any reliance on any information or other material contained on this website & our products is entirely at your own risk.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions of use shall exclude our liability to you for fraudulent misrepresentation by the Belford 150 Committee, its Agents or its employees or for death or personal injury resulting from the Belford 150 Committee’s negligence or that of our associates, partners or employees.
- Subject to the above, you acknowledge that our liability to you for direct loss under arising out of or in connection with your use of this website shall be limited to £100 (one hundred pounds sterling) for any one incident or series of incidents. We shall, however, in no circumstances be liable to you under or in connection with your use of this website for any indirect, economic or consequential loss whatsoever; loss of revenue; loss of profits; loss of business; loss of goodwill or reputation; loss of use; any deletion, corruption, destruction, loss or removal of data or any professional charges.
- You acknowledge that we cannot guarantee that our website will always be available to you, owing to the nature of the internet. In addition, you acknowledge that our website may be unavailable owing to maintenance, but where possible we will carry out such maintenance outside core operating hours to minimise the period of any disruption.
- You should satisfy yourself that you have appropriate protection against computer viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature whilst using the internet, and that your connection to this website is secure.
- Code of conduct
- You agree to ensure that any details with which you supply to us through this website are accurate and to let us know promptly if any of the details which you have supplied to us about you change.
- If accessing any part of this website you agree:
- not to send “spam” email or any unsolicited correspondence which is unrelated to the business of the Belford 150 Committee to any addresses made available on this website;
- not to use this website in such a way that disrupts, interferes with or restricts the use of this website by other users; and
- not to reverse engineer, decompile, copy or adapt any software or other code or scripts forming part of this website nor attempt to transmit to or via this website any information that contains a harmful or disruptive component.
- If we suffer loss owing to a breach by you of these terms and conditions of use, you agree to indemnify us for any such loss.
- This website may include hypertext links to third party websites. The Belford 150 Committee accepts no responsibilities for and can give no warranties, guarantees or representations in respect of the content or availability of material of any Third Party Website.
- You may create a hypertext link to our website, but we would ask that the link is directed to this website’s homepage at www.belford-hospital-150.co.uk as page locations within this website may change from time to time.
- Copyright and intellectual property
- The copyright and other intellectual property in material contained in this website, including without limitation in text, images, scripts and sounds, is owned by The Belford 150 Committee except where otherwise stated. © Belford 150 Committee 2015.
- You may print extracts from this website or any of its pages for your personal use, but not for any other purpose.
- You may make a temporary copy of these pages for the purposes of viewing the pages with browser software, but must not otherwise copy, reproduce or re-distribute the contents of these pages in whole or in part without the prior written consent of the Belford 150 Committee.
- All other rights are reserved.